A load of trash recently caught fire in the truck that was collecting it in Deefield Village. A local resident (Thank you Mr. Ridenour) was able to assist with extinguishing the fire and helping to clean up the employees that were affected. Hazardous chemicals were likely the cause of the fire.
Do not put hazardous materials, chemicals, or Lithium batteries in the trash. If a load catches fire, it will be ejected into the street where it could cause more damage to public and private property
Our trash collector has had 5 loads catch fire in the last 18 months in other MUDs that resulted in loads being ejected into the street.
Please dispose of Hazardous Materials at Harris County’s Collection Facility: